David L. Cooper
Archbiship David L. Cooper
An Annulment is a legal procedure for declaring a marriage null and void. Unlike divorce, it is retroactive: an annulled marriage is considered never to have existed. An annulment can be issued quickly and directly by Metropolitan Archbishop David L. Cooper after you complete the simple form included on this site.

Special Note:

If you can not go through all of this exhaustive, long tribunal process with your parish and diocese, call Metropolitan Archbishop David L. Cooper. If you are looking to have an annulment he will help you. Contact him at:

  • If I issue the annulment, any subsequent marriage must be officiated or convalidated by me. In some instances this can be done by phone after the submission of proper documents. Call me for details.
  • If you are intending to marry in the local parish you can go through the diocese there. That will be about a 2 year process.
  • If you or your fiance is a Protestant, you are not under the jurisdiction of the Roman diocese at all. You most certainly can submit a petition to me.
  • The process will take 2-3 weeks. The forms are on the website. Any impediment identified must be explained as to why it is true.
  • A copy of the civil divorce decree is required.
  • Should a Protestant decide to convert, my process is very easy and can be done quickly.
  • I have issued hundreds of annulments for individuals in the USA, Canada and the Philippines. I have helped hundreds of individuals become Orthodox Catholic as well.

What is an impediment?

A: An impediment is like a wall or barrier to the sacrament of Holy Matrimony. It must have existed at the time the wedding took place. If it existed, the marriage was not sacramental. The annulment process is an investigation to see if such an impediment existed or not.

Again, if there was no impediment you are still married and will be married until you die. If an impediment existed, you were never sacramentally married from the beginning.

My brethren take two years to make this determination. I take about two or three weeks.

The question is this: Are you going to take the two years for this process or not? If you have the time, do it. If not, I am here to help you.

Note: If you have the intention to remarry, you probably want a valid priest present at your wedding. I do not think that you want to have an invalid Protestant minister or judge there, correct? Call me for assistance at 818 390 1452.

Blessings abundant,
+++David Leon Cooper
Metropolitan Archbishop

The Pope:

The Pope considers all Orthodox to be sister Catholic Churches. That means Orthodox have real bishops and priests.

Note: It is the Vatican that has said that the Orthodox share the Catholic Faith and are separated sister Catholic Churches. The Envoy Magizine article about Metropolitan Archbishop Cooper is misleading. The terms Orthodox Catholic and Orthodox Christian are synonomous. There are independent Western Rite Orthodox jurisdictions all over the world. Archbishop Cooper's Order does NOT have gay or women priests.


Question: Will my Roman Catholic parish accept your annulment and let me marry there?

Answer: They want you to go through their process. Anything less will not work for them. If they accepted mine, millions would be coming to me.

Keep in mind that the annulment is not a dissolution of anything. It is an examination to see if the marriage was really a sacrament on day one. That is the identification of an impediment.

If you have an impediment, you are already free. If the marriage was really a sacrament, no one can help you--not even the pope.

Individuals who come to me have decided that they will not go through that process. They either can not or will not go through that voluminous trial. Some want to have the situation examined by a successor of the apostles--a valid bishop--to see if the marriage was really a sacrament. In that regard, I can help you.

Either I or a priest who I designate will perform your marriage at a neutral location.

Blessings abundant,
+++David Leon Cooper
Metropolitan Archbishop

Diriment Impediments

(One of these must be present to declare a marriage null.)

  1. No intention, when marrying, to have offspring
  2. Deception of one party by the other in order to get consent, and if the other had been aware of the truth, would not have consented to get married
  3. Abduction with the intent to force marriage
  4. Failure to adhere to canon law for marriages
  5. Impediment of Crime, murder of the spouse to marry another
  6. Undispensed defect of form, form being married in the presence of a priest or deacon and according to the required form of words.
  7. Force or grave fear
  8. Consanguinity (blood relationship that is too close)
  9. Psychological state hindering the ability to consent
  10. No intention, when marrying, to contract a lifelong relationship (pretending consent)

Note: Lack of Baptism is a serious impediment. It must be dispensed by a bishop. Also, adultery during the marriage could indicate a psychological state or lack of consent at the time of the marriage.

The Metropolitan Archbishop will review your petition and act immediately on your case within one week.

Annulment Myth:

An annulment DOES NOT make your children illegitimate. It's a myth. The parent's marital status DOES NOT affect the status of the children.

Contact Info:
Related Sites: